Nottinghamshire Leukaemia Appeal has provided funds of £6600 to further work on a research project being carried out at the University of Nottingham. Whilst many cancer cells grow and divide quickly, a subset remain dormant or ‘sleeping’. Chemotherapy drugs tend not to work on these sleeping cells and this project plans to establish why these cells are resistant to drugs and whether there are specific abnormalities in these cells that may be exploited in future treatment regimens.
- 50th anniversary Bramcote Walk Success!
- Betty Barton Studentships
- 50TH ANNIVERSARY BRAMCOTE WALK – please click donate button below for sponsorship (state name of sponsee under ‘your message’)
- Further publications resulting from work funded by the Nottinghamshire Leukaemia Appeal
- Nottinghamshire Leukaemia Appeal funded research published